Saturday, February 21, 2009

The moon reflects light, but sometimes it is very bright

Our moon is relatively small and fairly far away so that it looks like a small disk in the shy. However, it reflects enough light when it is "full" that one can easily see things all around them. The moon goes through regular phases and can be relied on to have times of great brightness and waxing and waning periods and even times when it is dark. While my life isn't as regular in its phases (perhaps it is and I've never figured out the pattern) it still has periods of great brightness, times of darkness, and phases in between. I can be sure that dark times will get brighter, because God always is with me and just like the sun He is always shinning. Unlike the moon which is locked in it's orbit, I can control whether or not the world can get between the sun (Son) and myself. I can move to where the sun(Son) shines fully on me, making me as bright as possible, or I can let the world get between me and the sun(Son) to varying degrees and diminish or blot out my brightness all together. I am thankful that God gave us the moon for a light at night and as a reminder that I need to keep the world from getting between me and the source of light (the Son).

No comments: