Monday, January 5, 2009

Where have all the birds gone?

Was out bird watching at Roan Mountain State Park with my brother-in-law this morning. It was drizzly with temperatures in the upper 40's. We saw a few birds, but nothing very exciting. Mainly just crows. Finally we started heading back to the cabin when some chickadees and tufted titmice started fluttering around in some nearby shrubbery. Then the B-I-L got excited, he'd seen a golden crowned kinglet. A very small, but beautiful bird. It flitted around where we could see her (the B-I-L thought it was a her from the field guide picture, I agreed) very nicely. A disappointing trip turned good in just a moment. I am thankful God gives us those moments where things go from disappointing to successful. I am sure He gives me a lot more of those moments than I recognize, because too often I don't see what there is too see. And sometimes it is nice to have someone else, like my B-I-L, around to show me what I was missing. I am thankful that others eyes are open to the wonders and truths God has for me, and they are willing to share and point me in the right direction.

No comments: