Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas (a day late)

I am thankful for Christmas. We had a nice meal with my father-in-law and got caught up. We'll visit with my family soon and give my great-nephew his presents and share some stories with the rest of the family. Christmas is a great time of year for me to reflect on what Jesus, and His life, death, and resurrection means to me. I like to think I can take care of myself, but as I look at reality I see I can't do much about the things one would think I could control. I certainly cannot clean away the sins and mistakes I have made in my past life. I cannot give myself a clean heart so I will do right in the future. It would seem that this is obvious and I would be ever grateful for Jesus and the many daily gifts He gives me, the greatest of which would be His death to save me. The truth however is I do not think enough and act enough on the gift of eternal life He has offered and given me. Christmas reminds me of how special this gift of life is. The other blessings of the Christmas seasons may be dwarfed by the gift He gave me and offers us all, but they are also welcome and greatly enjoyed. If I can by whatever little action I take help others to see the gifts that Jesus gives them, I will be especially blessed. Thank you Jesus for Your love for me.

No comments: