Sunday, January 2, 2011

Am I Snow?

January 2010 was below average in temperature with 9.1" of snow and December was below average temperature with 8.5" of snow. These snow totals were unusual for my place (The only month since 2004 with more snow was 10.4" in February 2006), so it was a good year for snow for us. I like the quiet look of snow on the cedars by the driveway. The cold icy flakes make a peacefully bright aura on the boughs of the trees and a pure white hiding of the normal browns of the grass and leaves. I am thankful that we have the occasional snow to remind me that Jesus will cleanse my heart of the blotchy residues of sin. It is the red blood of His death that washes my life to the purity of His character. Praise Him and give Him glory and honor and I thank Him for His love for me that allows me to have hope.

No comments: