Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

A few days late, but here are some broad categories of things I am thankful for -
  1. God - He loves me and He has saved me. He forgives my sin and heals the wounds of my heart. He gives me instruction that leads to happiness and guides me on the paths that lead to life. Without Him in my life I am nothing and I cannot truly help anyone. He gives me strength, wisdom, and vision. All good comes from Him for my betterment.
  2. Family - They encourage me and stretch me. They provide opportunities for growth and learning. They support me and help me as I search for truth and look for ways to serve God.
  3. Work - It gives me accomplishment and self respect. It provides the resources for my families survival and keeps me out of trouble.
  4. Home - It provides comfort and protection from the elements. It is where my body is nourished and sleep is acquired for the refreshing for another day.
  5. Today - New opportunities and new challenges. New chances to serve God and help those around me. A chance to start fresh and put behind me the mistakes of yesterday. Today I can give my heart anew to God and let Him guide me where He knows is best for me. I can make good choices today that will lead me closer to God. Today I can be wise and forsake the ignorance of myself.

No comments: