Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cooler is good, but warmer is better, but cooler than warmer is best!

I find weather to be fascinating. I have no control over it and must live with it no matter what it does. I can control my environment somewhat by using heat or AC and by putting on a coat or wearing lighter clothing, but when there is a 15 mph wind blowing and the temperature is 34ยบ, it feels cold outside and I can't make myself feel warm when I go outside. I can change my attitude however, and decide not to whine about being too cold or too hot. So I am thankful for the weather because it reminds me of how little control I really have and it allows me to practice not whining when things aren't just the way I think I want them to be. God controls everything and He promises to not let a temptation come upon me where He doesn't provide a way of escape. (1 Corinthians 10:13). Some days whining is a definite temptation. I like to be comfortable, but growth comes from being uncomfortable.

No comments: