Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Second chances

I am thankful for second chances. Mistakes happen in my life on a regular basis. Most of my mistakes are relatively minor. The most common mistake is when I sin deliberately, knowing better, because I want to. I don't do what most people would consider major sins, like murder or rape or robbing banks. Yet each mistake I make and each sin I commit takes me further away from God. Each sin affects my relationship with Jesus and my relationships with those who are closest to me in negative ways. I am thankful that God gives me a second chance each time I fail. When I repent He forgives me and washes away my guilt. The results of my errors are still there, but now I have a chance to make new decisions. I can choose to do the right things and follow God's law for me. I can choose to rebuild the broken relationships. Jesus has already chosen to rebuild His relationship with me at any time I will open my heart to Him, so I always have a second chance with Him.

No comments: