Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a grouch!

I am thankful that my being grouchy usually lasts only a short time. I realize that to some it probably seems I am often grouchy, but I think I am usually really quite easy going and take things pretty well. Sometimes I can get pretty disgruntled at life and mad at everything. I am thankful these periods usually don't last very long. A little reality thinking usually will help me remember that God is good to me and I have many things to be thankful for. I'm sure these periods last way too long for those around me who have to put up with my needless seething, but at least a few hours is usually the limit. (We won't get into how many a few is!) Maybe as I get older I will almost always be happy when happiness is appropriate. I have reason to be happy most of the time, so maybe it will come my way. For now, I can be happy that sometimes I'm happy I guess.

No comments: