Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snow is White

Winter is on the way. While I don't like many aspects of winter in Tennessee, I am thankful when we have snow. A six or seven inch snow is a good snow for around here. I don't remember ever seeing a snow of more than eight inches, and that was several years ago when we lived in Dickson, Tennessee. A seven inch snow is the most I can remember us having here in Westmoreland. Three or four inches is pretty exciting for me. When it snows that much, I enjoy walking around in it and seeing how clean and fresh the normally drab earth looks. Feeling the fluffy puffs of water falling on my face as I saunter through a few inches of new snow is both exciting and peaceful for me. My family will tell on me if asked. I also have been known to rush outside every thirty minutes or so to measure the snow depth while the snow is falling, hoping to see a truly good snow pile up. Maybe someday ten inches will fall or maybe even a foot of snow will cover the ground around me. A foot of snow, now that would be a snow! Anyone from places where it really snows, like Soda Springs California, can just laugh at me. A foot of snow will be my dream until I see it, though I'd just as soon pass on driving in that much snow.

No comments: