Saturday, October 24, 2009

A tree falls and I'm not around

I am thankful for the ability to hear. Hearing sound is a practical way to acquire knowledge and perspective, brings useful information into one's brain and can also bring pleasure. Sounds are always around me, loud sounds, piercing sounds, soft sounds, voices of those I love, voices of those who nag, voices of cows bellowing, shrill sounds, wailing sounds, soothing sounds, whispers in the trees, startling clunks or whams, sharp retorts of gunfire, roars of blasting explosions, peals of thunders, voices of irritation, chirping sounds of insects, mewing sounds of a kitten, raucous sounds of laughter, the sound of the trilling brook through the valley, the quiet drone of the professor in the classroom, the cover your ears whine of a jet engine, the snap crackle snap crash of the sawn tree crashing, a voice that says I love you, a baby crying in the middle of church, a caw of a crow, a warning wail of the ambulance, the soft murmur of the voice of God on the top of the mountain. Sounds are everywhere affecting my life with information conscious and unconscious. I am thankful for the ability to hear.

No comments: